Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Flurry of activity - Altered Annual Averages

Last week was a flurry of activity for me in terms of the transactions done in the market. I think I managed to alter my annual averages. I tend to rarely trade so it is invariably 1 or 2 transactions a month on which I would disturb my broker.
Solvay Pharma
I had written earlier on Solvay Pharma after the global announcement by Abbott Labs to takeover the Pharma division of Solvay Pharma globally.
http://investingvalues.blogspot.com/2009/10/kahi-pe-nighaein-kahi-pe-nishaana.html

I had entered the stock with the thought of seeing where the market prices the stock post the announcement. The stock has finally settled around the 900-920 mark and I exited the stock with a nominal loss. Will now wait and monitor to look at opportunities where the market could potentially misprice the stock. Afterall there is atleast 6-9 months before the open offer could get announced.

Abbott Labs
I had originally posted on Abbott Labs here.
I had also written about the Solvay acquisition seems to have unintended consequence to the Abbott stock. I exited 50% of my holding in Abbott around the 735 mark. The stock has given me a 36% return versus the Bse sensex which has delivered about 3% return in the same time frame. I haven't factored a additional 3% dividend return and the share buyback that happened along the way.

Suashish Diamonds
I entered and exited Suashish Diamonds on last Friday. One of the few day trades that I would have done. Will write a separate post on this interesting case.

2 comments:

khalid said...

Hi dude
HAPPY DIWALI to you

IEDig.com said...

I would like to invite you to join blogging Social Networking
IEDig.com
which helps you to get more visitors to your blogs and you get the chance
to meet other celebrity bloggers.

Join IEDig.com